Worn suspensions are a safety risk as they reduce stability and driver control. They are as important as brakes and worn components of the suspension will accelerate wear on the other components as well.
When to Look for a Suspension Repair Centre
Here are a few signs that suggest that your suspension system needs repairs:
- Rough Drive: When your struts or shock is wearing thin, you will start to appreciate each bump on the road deeply. So will your back. It is time to get the bouncy and jerky car to a suspension repair station.
- Drifting: Unlike the drifting you see in movies, a failing suspension system will no longer keep your vehicle’s body stable against the centrifugal force during a turn. This increases the risk of your vehicle toppling over.
- Nose diving: A worn shock will cause your vehicle body to lurch forward and downward during hard braking. A bad suspension will reduce braking ability as well, increasing stop time up to 20 per cent.
- Uneven tyre treads: If you notice certain tyre treads getting worn down more than the others, or balding spots, it might be time to visit a suspension repair shop. The suspension might not be holding the car evenly, which results in uneven pressure on the tires.
- Oily Shocks: If your shocks or struts are looking oily or greasy when you look under your car, there is a good chance that they are leaking fluid. Time for a shocking replacement!
If you suspect a poor suspension system but haven’t noticed any of the above symptoms, you can try this simple test. Press down on the front of your vehicle (parked vehicle) with all your weight a few times and then release. Do the same for the rear. If your car continues to rock or bounce more than 3 times after release, the suspension is wearing thin.
Attune Motors – For All Your ‘Suspension Repair Near Me’ Queries
Attune Motors is responsible for keeping cars safe and stable with good suspension repairs in Melton, Melton West, and Brookfield. Attune Motors are available 24X7 and our specialized staff is ready to solve all your problems, even the ones of emergency. Call us on 0424 147 340 for our services.